Phở is a Vietnamese soup consisting of broth, rice noodles, herbs & veggies, and meat. Our McLean inspired Phở is made using our popular Deli Roast Beef, organic bone broth, green onion, jalapeno peppers and fresh basil. You can substitute our Roast Chicken or Turkey deli meat, or a sausage like our Turkey or Beef Smokies. Our recipe is quick and easy, and of course, flexible. Use whatever vegetables, or meat you want. Garnish with bean sprouts. Variety of options is what makes this soup fun and fresh for the whole family.
- 100 grams of Bulk McLean Roast Beef or Sliced McLean Roast Beef
- Organic Bone Broth (either Beef or Chicken) Salt to taste.
- Sriracha Chili Sauce
- Fish Sauce
- Jalapeno peppers
- Bean Sprouts
- Green Onion
- Fresh Basil
- Rice Stick (size S)
- Broccoli (optional)
- Sesame Oil (optional)
- Add 4 cups of bone broth or any broth to pot. Heat to simmer.
- Add a squirt of Sriracha Chili Sauce into the broth. (1 tsps.)
- Add a few squirts (3-4 tsps.) of Fish Sauce into the broth.
- If adding fresh veggies like broccoli, add to broth.
- Add green onions, jalapeno peppers and meat just before serving.
- When the broth begins to boil, add a stack of the Vietnamese rice noodles. (1/4 of a package)
- Cook for 6 minutes or as per cooking instructions for the noodles.
- NOTE: It is recommended to cook the rice noodles separately to decrease starches. Either works.
- Divide the soup equally into the bowls starting with the noodles. Then add broth mixture.
- Garnish generously with fresh basil and bean sprouts.
- Add a few drops of sesame oil into soup. (Optional).
Phở or pho is a Vietnamese soup consisting of broth, rice noodles called bánh phở, a few herbs, and meat, primarily made with either beef or chicken