- 1 McLean Organic Pork or Turkey Kielbasa (skinned - remove casing)
- ½ Head of large Cauliflower or whole sm/medium Cauliflower
- 2 Russet Potatoes (1 large or 2 medium size)
- 3 Carrots
- 5-8 Garlic Cloves or 1 Bulb
- 1 large Onion
- 2 Celery Sticks
- ½ cup Chick Peas (optional)
- 3 tbsp Smoked Paprika (optional: adds smoky depth & colour)
- ½ tsp of Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp of whole Fennel
- 1 tsp of whole Thyme
- ½ tsp of ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp of Salt (Optional depending on salt content of bouillon/stock, or add at end to taste)
- Approx. 5 tbsp Olive Oil OR 2 tbsp of real butter
- 3 Chicken Bouillon Cubes (or favorite Chicken Stock)
- 2-4 Sourdough Boule’s (Soup makes enough for 4)
- Chop and sauté onion, garlic, celery, mushrooms together with oil/butter in a large soup pot and sauté on low/med heat for 10-15 minutes. Soup Pot Size: 5.6 liters (6 quarts).
- Chop Carrots, Cauliflower and Potato and add to pot.
- Remove the casing from the Kielbasa, and then chop into round pieces.
- Add Chick Peas.
- Combine all ingredients including spices into the soup pot and mix.
- Fill pot to ½-3/4 full with water or combination of water and chicken broth. If using liquid broth always add first before water. If using cubes, fill pot to ½-3/4 full with water and add cubes.
- Bring to boil, and then simmer on low covered 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cut a big hole into your sourdough boule and fill with soup. Garnish with parsley.
Bacon: Include 1 pack of McLean Organic Black Pepper or Old Fashioned Bacon (pre-cooked, drained & chopped)
McLean Smoky Sausage Goulash Print Prep time 15 mins Cook time 45 mins Total time 1 hour Originating from the Kingdom of Hungary, traditional Goulash is a soup using meat and vegetables and seasoned with paprika and other spices. Our delicious Mclean version uses our savory Organic Pork Kielbasa with Cauliflower and Smoked […]