- 2 thick slabs (½ inch) of McLean Virginia Honey Ham, approx. 400 grams.
- 1 large Onion
- 3 Celery Sticks
- 4 Carrots
- 5 Garlic buds
- 1 Russet Potato
- 1-½ cups of Lentils (pre-soak 5 minutes, and rinse well)
- 2 Bay leaf
- 1 tsp dried Thyme
- 1 tsp of ground Black Pepper
- ½ tsp of Salt
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 3 Harvest Sun Organic Chicken Bouillon Cubes (or favorite Chicken Stock)
NOTE: Harvest Sun is Gluten & Soy Free
- Chop and sauté onion, garlic, celery and carrots together with butter in a large soup pot for 10 minutes. Season with Salt and Pepper. Soup Pot Size: 5.6 liters (6 quarts)
- Chop Potato and add to pot.
- Chop Ham slabs into bite size cubes and add to pot.
- Rinse Lentils well and add to pot.
- Combine all ingredients including spices into the soup pot.
- Fill pot to ¾ full with water or combination of water and chicken broth. If using liquid broth always add first before water. If using cubes, fill pot to ¾ full with water and add cubes.
- Bring to boil, and then simmer on low covered 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Extra Protein: Use a container Chicken BONED BROTH, and cap up with water as needed. Reduce bouillon cubes to 2.
McLean Virginia Honey Ham and Lentil Soup Print Prep time 15 mins Cook time 45 mins Total time 1 hour Similar to a classic Ham and Split Pea soup, this version uses green lentils instead of dried peas. You can also use red Lentils or a mix of both. Lentils cook quickly making […]